How The FED Created the “47%” and the United States of Today
Although numerous books and articles have been written about the FED, I find that certain inalienable truths have either been ignored or de-emphasized to the point they have become obscure. Regardless of whether or not one subscribes to any of the numerous conspiracy theories related to the Federal Reserve I would suggest that its very existence changed the nature of the American political system in a completely foreseeable way.
- It centralized and nationalized government making a mockery of what was envisioned as a “Federal”, not “National”, system of government.
- It allowed and promoted what we now call “Big Government”.
- It facilitated a system of corruption and deception awash in printed money.
- It institutionalized a system in which those in power borrow the money from future generations to buy their electoral victories in the present.
- It provided a mechanism where virtually everyone can receive more than they put in.
- It solidified the power and reach of the uber elite.
- It borrowed more money than it can ever hope to repay.
- It entrenched a system where those without assets must run constantly just to keep up.
- It became the ultimate manager of the ultimate money market fund and each and every one of us is an unwilling investor.
- As many have said before me, there can be no real freedom from tyranny and oppression as long as the Federal Reserve System exists in its present configuration.
The problem, as with all such situations, is how to force an unwinding of their financial positions without completely destroying the meager value of each individual’s portfolio.